Certified Food Service Professional Scheme from BFS
To successfully achieve the CFSP designation (and the benefits that accrue), candidates must do all of the following:
- study for and pass a comprehensive written test.
- attend a one day seminar before the test.
- prove specific levels of experience in the industry.
- show a commitment to personal development through the completion of recognised education/training programmes.
- demonstrate active involvement in the industry.
- pay a specified biennial subscription to maintain CFSP status.
- maintain the above if they wish to continue to use the CFSP designation and receive regular communication from the programme.
Audience & Requirements
Individuals within the industry for whom the qualification will be most beneficial are likely to be:
- Sales, marketing, customer service (although anyone working in the industry would benefit).
- Upper and middle management.
- Working for a manufacturer, distributor or end user in the Food Service industry in Sweden or other Nordic countries.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the industry (although the course is also useful for people new to the industry).
- Interested in personal growth, ambitious, inspirational and competitive.
The types of organisations which might employ these individuals and are predisposed to engage with a personal development programme of this nature.
They are likely to be:
- Involved in catering equipment or other food service/hospitality related products and services.
- Manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler or Swedish agent.
- Engaged in or running customer training programmes.
- Have senior management who encourage personal development and training amongst staff.
To Accredited Individuals
- Improve your personal competitive position.
- Become more effective in your role - both within your organisation and the sector - by increasing and broadening your knowledge of the industry and demonstrating a more professional approach.
- Recognition of your food service industry specific knowledge.
- Gain industry recognition by achieving a qualification that is accepted and respected by key employers, industry bodies (such as BFS) and peers.
- Enjoy the confidence, success and satisfaction gained by furthering your own personal development and growth.
- Demonstrate your accomplishment by using the CFSP designation on business cards and other personal documents.
- The only qualification for staff that is specific to the food service industry.
- Show industry leadership by encouraging higher levels of professionalism within the sector and help to raise the profile of the ‘supplier’ community.
- Compete more effectively through having a better qualified, more knowledgeable and more professional workforce.
- Increase motivation and engagement amongst key customer facing employees by developing their own skills and knowledge as well as encouraging and facilitating their own personal and professional development.